Salam Pendidikan Guru Indonesia, Kali ini kami bagikan contoh soal dan jawaban / pembahasan Bahasa Inggris kelas X, semoga dapat membantu rekan-rekan guru yang sedang membutuhkan. Berikut ini soal dan Jawaban Bahasa Inggris kelas X.
Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas X.
Not being able to sleep,Iwan sat up in bed peering into the darkness. Suddenly he felt a current of cold air. He jumped out of bed. However, having forgotten the motion of the ship, he was instantly thrown violently across the room.
With difficulty he got up and groped his was towards the window which, to his surprise, he found wide open, for he was certain that he had fastened it securely before he went to bed.
Sudenly, as he stood by the window, he distinctly heard something moving behind him and, a moment afterwards, as he turned to look, he heard a faint groan. He sprang across the room and jumped back into bed, only to discover to his horror that someone else was lying there. Stretching out his hand, he laid hold of something that had the shape of a man’s arm but was smooth, wet and icy cold. He pulled, but the creature, whatever it was, tore itself out of his grasp, ran across the room, opened the door and rushed out. Quickly recovering from his fright, he started to chase at top speed but he was too late. The passage outside his room was empty
Choose the right statement !
1. The story tells us about….
a. Iwan’s journey
b. A bung lary at see
c. The case on board
d. a mysterious creature
e. an adventurous night
2. Why did Iwan Jump out of bed and try to get to the window ?
a. He knew that the window was open
b. He was rest less and could not sleep
c. He couldn’t see anything in the dark room
d. He was thrown violently across the room
e. He wanted to know where the cold the room
3. Which of the following did not frigten Iwan ?
a. something moving behind him
b. A sound unfamiliar to him
c. The violent moving of the ship
d. Finding somebody lying on his bed
e. Touching something smooth and wet
4. Which of the following statements is true according to the text ?
a. Iwan was waiting in the dark for the creature
b. Iwan wondered why the window was open
c. Seeing the window open, he immediately rain to close it
d. Iwan jumped out of bed because he heard something moving
e. Iwan had forgatten to fasten the window when he went to bed
5. From the text we may conclude that…
a. the creature reamined a mysterys
b. Iwan succeeded in catching the creature
c. Iwan didn’t dare to run after the creature
d. the creature tried very hard to catch Iwan
e. Iwan and the creature ran out the room together
6. Rendra has to take a part-time job during the vacation…
he will not be able to rent a house
a. besides c. otherwise e. nevertheless
b. therefore d. moreover
7. My sister, Siska has all her dresses made because…
a. she likes sewing
b. she is a dress maker
c. she cannot sew at all
d. she doesn’t have a good dressmaker
e. she can’t offord to pay dress-maker
8. This area is not suitable for farming because the soil is not……
a. fertile c. fertility e. fertilization
b. fertilize d. fertilizer
9. ‘May I go shopping with my friends, mom ?’
‘No, you…….stay in bed until you recover.
a. can c. might e. must
b. may d. could
10. ‘When do you want to have the parcels………to you hosue ?’
‘It’s better tomorrow morning’
a. deliver c. delivered e. be delivered
b. to deliver d. delivering
11. Which sentence is correct ?
a. Do you watch every Thursday evening the English program on television ?
b. Do you watch on television the English program every Thursday evening ?
c. Do you watch the English program every Thursday evening on television ?
d. Do you watch the English program on television every Thursday evening ?
e. Every Thursday evening do you watch the English program on television ?
12. I think Nuki is too young……an engineer
a. to be c. of being e. when he is
b. in being d. if he be
13. None of Rian’s class mates …..to his birthday party
a. are invited c. of being e. when he is
b. is invited d. if he be
14. The manager think Santi is a very …..secretary because she always does her work well
a. rely c. reliance e. reliability
b. reliably d. reliable
15. The article…..we got the Dita for our essay is written by
a. that c. from whom e. at which
b. which d. from which
16. We must avoid…..too much because it causes lung cancer
a. smoke c. smoking e. to be smoking
b. to smoke d. in smoking
17. The results of the test were…..not only the teacher but also the students
a. disapproint d. being disappointed
b. disappointed e. to be disappointed
18. He has to try several times because he wants to be the winner
We can also say:……., he has to try several times
a. to be the winner
b. being the winner
c. wanting to be the winner
d. wants to be winner
e. be the winner
19. After the house….white it looked beautiful
a. to be painted d. has been painted
b. has painted e. had been painted
c. had painted
20. ‘You wouldn’t have won if I hadn’t help you’
That’s not true, I certainly…….
a. did c. had e. would
b. win d. done
21. As Rian left an hour ago, he should have arrived by now.
From the underlined words we may conclude that Rian…
a. are already here now
b. has not arrived yet
c. will probably arrive soon
d. has just arrived
e. would probably not arrive
22. I…….to his behaving so rudely toward his wife
a. regret c. object e. complain
b. dislike d. disagree
23. The boy is now delivering the packages to the customers
We can also say….
a. The customers are delivering the packages now
b. The customers are now delivered packages
c. The packages are now delivered by the boy
d. The packages are now delivered to the customers
e. The packages are now being delivered to the customers
24. Mother promises to buy me a new red gown….by a famous dressmaker
a. make c. made e. be made
b. makes d. is made
25. ‘Andi didn’t meet Santi when he visited her yesterday’
‘Oh she….for Bandung to see her parents
a. has left c. will leave e. would leave
b. had left d. is leaving
26. I’ve finished painting the house, but if Didi et had not helped me,
I……it so quickly
a. can never do d.could never have done
b. could never do e.can never have done
c. have never done
27. The wounded soldiers…..we have asked some help are now taken to the hospital
a. who c. whom e. from whom
b. whose d. of which
28. I was sorry, I didn’t come to your birthday party
we can also say:…
a. I wish I could come to you birthday party
b. I wished I could come to your birthday party
c. I wish I could have come to your birthday party
d. I wished I could have come to your birthday party
e. I wished I couldn’t have come to your birthday party
29. As I see him again, I feel happy
We can also say:….., I feel happy
a. seeing him again
b. To see him again
c. Having seen him again
d. In seeing him again
e. By seeing him again
30. ‘All the students had just left the classroom when the mathematics teacher came in
From this sentences we may conclude that…
a. The mathematics class started late that day
b. There was no mathematics class that day
c. The teacher cancelled the mathematics class
d. The teacher asked the students to leave the class
e. The students came late for the mathematics class
Jawaban Bahasa Inggris Kelas X
Demikian yang dapat kami sampaikan, semoga Soal dan Jawaban Bahasa Inggris Kelas X ini dapat bermanfaat. Terimakasih.. Lihat juga Materi Soal dan Pembahasan lainnya pada Related Posts di bawah: